World Peace Depends On The Catholic Bishops' Response To Our Lady Of Fatima
With regard to the May 13, 1982 consecration, we also publish the following testimonies from various sources to show that the Queen of Heaven's command has not been fulfilled.
1) Father Gobbi's Testimony1
Various reports indicate that Father Gobbi of the Marian Priests' Movement has been making it clear, whenever asked, that Our Lady's demand for the COLLEGIAL Consecration of RUSSIA to Mary's Immaculate Heart was not fulfilled by the Holy Father on May 13, 1982.
2) What He Has Not Yet Done2
It is true that at Fatima on May 13, 1982, he did not yet fulfill the demand of Our Lady of Fatima for the COLLEGIAL Consecration of RUSSIA to Her Immaculate Heart.3
However he indicated that he felt it was then not yet possible for him to do so by saying: 'I tried to do everything it was possible to do in the present circumstances'. Moreover the particular aspect of the Message of Our Lady of Fatima which he emphasized as being 'more relevant' and 'more urgent' than ever was its 'evangelical call to repentance and conversion': the precondition for the fulfillment of Our Lady's demand. It would therefore seem that by making the Message of Our Lady of Fatima the subject of the 1983 Episcopal Synod he hopes that this may be the means of evoking a response to Our Lady's 'evangelical call to repentance and conversion' sufficient to overcome such resistance as has hitherto made the fulfillment of Her demand impossible.
Grounds For Hope
There are therefore no grounds for despair simply because at Fatima on May 13, 1982, the Holy Father did not yet feel able to fulfill Heaven's demand. On the contrary, his action in making the Message of Our Lady of Fatima the subject of the 1983 Episcopal Synod gives us more ground for positive hope than has hitherto been possible. For it seems that the Holy Father is himself personally convinced of the necessity and urgency of the collegial consecration which Our Lady has demanded.
We must therefore work and pray that the 1983 Episcopal Synod may make this possible.
3) Consecration Yet To Be Made4
On the contrary, we say Deo Gratias that the Holy Father is doing everything that he considers possible towards fulfilling Our Lady's demand for the Collegial Consecration of Russia to Mary's Immaculate Heart.
But our gratitude does not blind us to the fact that the Collegial Consecration has yet to be made.
For the May 13, 1982, consecration did not even mention Russia as such. Nor was it in any sense Collegial. Indeed the bishops were not even asked to participate in the Act of Consecration by Cardinal Casaroli in his letter informing them of the Holy Father's impending visit to Fatima.
4) Was the Collegial Consecration of Russia Complete?5
There still remains one very important act to be accomplished which was impossible of achievement on May 13, 1982. It still remains for the Holy Father to designate a specific day for the consecration of Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary when bishops, in their own Cathedrals throughout the world, will join in this solemn and public act of consecration.
5) According to Sister Lucy6, sole survivor among the seers, the Collegial Consecration of Russia to the Immaculate Heart will come about when there are a sufficient number of Christians who are practicing the Fatima Message. For this reason, we urge our readers to fulfill the request of Our Lady for the reparation of the Five First Saturdays and, in addition, to pray the Rosary daily, living the Fatima Message, of penance and prayer contained in the mysteries. The penance Heaven seeks and requires today is the fulfillment of one's duties of state and the observance of God's Law: with the spread of immodesty and contraceptive practices among the Christian people, the sixth and ninth commandments are violated almost universally. When Our Lord appeared to Sister Lucy in 1943, He complained "bitterly and sorrowfully that there is so small a number of souls who are willing to renounce whatever the observance of His Law requires of them".
A further request we make of our readers is to write and get others to write to the various episcopal Conferences asking them to petition the Pope, that he make the consecration of Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary jointly with all of them on one fixed day. The 360 bishops of the United States of America have already petitioned the Holy Father in this manner (see Christ to the World, No. 3-4 of 1982, page 247).
6) In the past few years, some 500 bishops and 3,000,000 people have petitioned Rome for the Collegial Consecration.7 Explaining why it has not yet been attained, the renowned theologian and philosopher Abbé André Richard of Paris stated: "Ultimately, we must look for an answer in the Divine Will since the political and theological objections have been adequately answered." He also felt that lack of worldwide awareness would necessarily prevent the effect desired by Our Lord (in His words to Sister Lucia), namely that the whole world recognize that the promised change in Russia will have been obtained specifically through the Immaculate Heart of Mary after this consecration is made.
by Francis Johnston, TAN Publishers, published in 1979, page 89. Fatima, the Great Sign 7.
, Special Issue on the Fatima Message, July - August 1983, page 172. Published in Rome with the approval of the Vicarate of Rome.Christ to the World 6.
May - June 1983 Issue, page 7.Soul Magazine 5.
Magazine No. 81, entitled "The Urgency of Fatima Today". Approaches 4. Supplement to
No. 78, pp. 3-6.Approaches 3. Cf. 'Fatima After May 13, 1982. What now?' Supplement to
Magazine No. 78, entitled "For Catholic Order and Peace: By Heaven's Command and a Papal Initiative."Approaches 2. Supplement to
directly confirmed with Father Gobbi this testimony.The Fatima Crusader Magazine No. 79 entitled "Fatima after May 13, 1982 What Now?" and published in 1982. In September 1983, Approaches1. Supplement to
- Fatima May 13, 1982, What Actually Happened? Was Russia Consecrated To The Immaculate Heart Of Mary?
- Our Lady Of Fatima's Demands Concerning Russia Not Yet Fulfilled
- Letter Of The Holy Father To All The Bishops Of The Church
- The Pope Moves A Step Closer
- The Collegial Consecration Of The World To Mary's Immaculate Heart On The Feast Of The Annunciation (i.e. The Incarnation) March 25, 1984
- What Sister Lucy Thinks: Regarding The Consecration Of Russia
- Russia Never Consecrated To Mary In Format Ordered By Our Lady Of Fatima
- Sister Lucy States: "Russia Is Not Yet Properly Consecrated"