Why The Vatican-Moscow Agreement Must Be Repudiated
Pope John Paul II is already changing Vatican policy towards Communist regimes. However, the Cardinal Secretary of State, Cardinal Casaroli, has been very closely involved in implementing the Vatican-Moscow Agreement, and his influence is so powerful that the bad effects of this agreement are still felt by all. This agreement must be repudiated. What is needed is a prolonged and renewed call by Church officials at every level to heed all the specific requests of Our Lady of Fatima, including Her call for personal conversion, the daily Rosary, and the consecration of Russia to Mary's Immaculate Heart.
Although the Vatican has not repudiated the Vatican-Moscow Agreement, it would seem that Pope John Paul II has already done so. This can be seen from issue No. 16 of The Fatima Crusader* where his public and continued criticisms of the Communist Regimes in Russia and Albania were sustained so much that eventually even some 'Catholic' papers picked up the story. But most people did not realize its significance. Pope John Paul II at Ottawa, Canada, told the Canadian bishops to break the conspiracy of silence which continues to surround the persecution of the Catholic faithful in Communist countries.
Nevertheless, this is not enough to correct a condition in the Church that has gone along now for over 20 years. That is because it still seems to be the policy of the Secretary of State under Cardinal Casaroli, which is, indeed, the most powerful position in the Vatican after that of the Pope.
The policy of 22 years has been felt, and continues to be felt, all the way down to the diocesan and parish levels. To understand how this works, we must realize how bishops are appointed. Priests are nominated by their fellow priests to their religious superiors, the bishops. The bishops choose from among those nominated, to make their own nominations, which are then forwarded to the Papal Nuncio of the country. The Papal Nuncio of the country circulates the names of those priests nominated by the bishops to the other bishops in the region. After getting back the opinion of other bishops, he forwards the nominations to Rome with the comments and observations of the Papal Nuncio. Now we can see that the Nuncio has a decisive position in determining which priests will be chosen as bishops. He can, possibly, not even forward some nominations to Rome, because he considers them unsuitable. Now the Papal Nuncio's immediate boss is the Cardinal Secretary of State. As long as the Vatican-Moscow Agreement is the official policy of Cardinal Casaroli and the Secretariat of State, then the whole Church continues to be affected. Because each Papal Nuncio realizes that for him to advance, he must please his immediate boss, the Secretary of State. Therefore, he realizes that he must not help, in any way, a priest become a bishop if that priest is better informed and courageously speaks out against Communism.
This is because, obviously, such a priest, having been made bishop, will have more scope and influence and would upset the Soviet rulers, and, thereby, bring upon the Church the danger of Soviet reprisals. This is precisely what the Vatican officials, by the Vatican-Moscow Agreement, have sought, at the terrible price of silence, to avoid. Thus, we can see that the bishops chosen are going to be soft on Communism - or at least be woefully ignorant of its dangers and its perfidious nature. The bishops who know better about Communism will be 'prudent' enough to remain silent, otherwise, they would not have been allowed through the selection process described above. Nevertheless, God, despite the weaknesses of human nature, still governs the Church and allows some courageous and informed bishops to be appointed. But, until enough bishops are found to stand up and tell the people the truth, most of the faithful will, it would seem, not be roused to vigilance, prayer, penance and obedience to Our Lady of Fatima.
Speaks Out The Fatima Crusader Our Lady Through
We, for our part, wish to imitate Our Lady, as Pope John Paul II described Her at Fatima in the following words:
"Can the Mother Who with all the force of the love that She fosters in the Holy Spirit and desires everyone's salvation keep silence on what undermines the very basis of their salvation? No, She cannot.
"And so, while the Message of Our Lady of Fatima is a motherly one, it is also strong and decisive. It sounds severe. It sounds like John the Baptist speaking on the banks of the Jordan. It invites to repentance. It gives a warning. It calls to prayer. It recommends the Rosary. The message is addressed to every human being."
In the public trust which Our Lord and Our Lady have placed us, as well as the confidence and support that you, our readers, continue to give us, does not allow us to avoid the sometimes painful duty of proclaiming the truth to you. This duty can be painful because it also calls down upon us the persecution of our own persons by enemies of God, and by people who are well meaning, but, nevertheless, use evil means to seek to stop the truth from being known. We, too, like Our Lady, through the power of Her prayers, cannot but cry out, when we see the very basis of your salvation undermined.
What Then Can You Do?
(1) First of all, obey Our Lady's requests. Simple though they are, they are necessary for you today. Pray the Rosary, at least 5 decades every day without fail. Wear the Scapular of Our Lady of Mount Carmel all the time. Consecrate yourself to the Immaculate Heart of Mary - Renew this consecration often. Keep the Commandments, avoid sin and the occasions of sin.
"Do not offend My Son any more, as He is already too much offended." - Our Lady of Fatima.
Pay due reverence to the adorable presence of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament.
Offer Communions of reparation for the sacrileges and blasphemies committed against the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
Pray very much for the return of the Celebration of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass and the Sacraments to their traditional splendor and decorum.
(2) Know your faith better - learn it from approved sources. Read the teaching decrees of the Council of Trent. They are binding on all, still, to this day. They are not hard to understand for the most part. Do not accept teachings into your heart and mind, that go against what you were taught in the Baltimore Catechism and other real Catechisms.
Today, there are Catechisms which are not either Catechisms, or Catholic - a Catechism to be a real Catechism, must be approved by the Vatican as such. There are very few such approved Catechisms in English. One is the Baltimore Catechism. It is approved and tested as Orthodox and safe for over 100 years.
(3) Not all versions of the Bible are faithful to the Word of God, even if some of them seem to have an imprimatur. The "Vulgate" is the best version of the bible. The Council of Trent tells us: "It is the standard by which all doctrinal questions are to be settled." It is the only version endorsed by a Catholic Ecumenical Council. Read the warnings of St. Pius X in his encyclical on Modernism. Follow the teachings of canonized saints, and be informed about the doctrinal errors spread among you, by reading the great doctrinal encyclical Humani Generis of August 12, 1950 by Pope Pius XII.
(4) Be an apostle, spread the truth about the Message of Fatima, and how truly it is for our day; to your friends and neighbors. You must defend the faith when it is attacked. We defend it by spreading knowledge of truth and by unmasking the techniques of the enemies of the faith. Pray for, and prepare yourself and your children for the service of Our Lady.
(5) Remember that your faith is a precious gift of God that must be safeguarded. Do not read bad books, do not listen to those who mock the faith or attack it. Remember the words of St. John, "What is it that overcomes the world; It is our faith." The organized forces of satan and his followers know this too, so they know that to overcome us they must overcome our faith. "The forces of the world" are organized under the banners of Communism and Masonry - to attack both openly and secretly our faith. You must, to the extent you can, defend the faith and support those who are doing this work. In this global battle for our souls and our lives, we must remember that we are not alone, and that victory is ours, whereby the conversion of Russia is assured, when enough people listen to Our Lady of Fatima, when finally, the Pope and the bishops obey Our Lady and Lord at Fatima when They command them to solemnly and publicly consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
(6) Remember too, that it is not only legitimate, but even a duty to resist the commands given by authority, when the command given is unlawful and harmful to the common good. You have power today, says Cardinal Gagnon of the Vatican, to get your bishop to obey the Pope.
When the Pope knows that he has enough lay people behind him, he can confidently, without fear of schism, command the bishops to obey Our Lady of Fatima. It is up to you to do what you can.
(7) Do not wait for the Pope and bishops to issue a call to you to obey Our Lady of Fatima. She has spoken, the Church has approved of Fatima, the Pope endorses the message, "that is enough".
If you wait too long, you will be killed or enslaved by Soviet Russia. It is your soul, it is your freedom, your peace and your happiness. Act now, before it is too late for you and your loved ones.
(8) Petition the Pope and petition the bishops to obey Our Lady of Fatima's requests. It is your God-given right to petition the Pope. Not even the Pope can take it away from you.
(9) Circulate other Fatima Crusade materials and offer your services to the Fatima Crusade as a volunteer in your area. Invite the Pilgrim Virgin statue to your area.
If you would like more information about this please contact The Fatima Crusader, 452 Kraft Road, Fort Erie, Ontario L2A 4M7.
- The Vatican-Moscow Agreement
- The Fatima Crusader Comments On The Vatican-Moscow Agreement
- It Is True: The Vatican Silenced By Moscow
- In Our Time: The Catholic Church Betrayed
- The Present-Day Persecution Of The Church By Communist Russia Seriously Threatens Your Eternal Salvation
- Today's Crisis Within The Church Is Because Russia Is Spreading Her Errors
- Pope Pius XI - "Divini Redemptoris"